Name:
Location: If I told you I'd have to kill you, United States

6'2 (with 1 and 1/2 inch boots on) brown hair brown eyes...that when you stare into them, you can't escape their hypnotic charm...

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Lips of an Angel

Has there ever been one girl you just could never stop thinking about, despite distance and time wearing away your memory the memories just don't fade and you can't let her go? Even if you never got far with the girl, or even told her how you felt, it's just like...unfinished business, something you can't forget. Your mind just flashes to those memories, and you feel an aching peace that never fades, and the only way you know of to get it to go away is to fill in the gaps in memory and make new memories with the girl. You lie awake at night hoping that one day, she'll return and you'll sweep her off her feet, and you two will finally fill in the gaps. This is about one of those girls.

How can someone feel the same after three years
Memories of days spent in a field
Lying in the grass next to you
Not saying one word, not feeling out of place
We watched everyone else from afar,
Cupid’s Chokehold already grasping my neck
Taking away the air from my lungs
I sat there watching the sky through my tinted sunglasses
They hid my eyes from stealing glances at you
Maybe at one point, you felt the same way
Three years ago, maybe you felt the way I still feel today.
Did you move on? Will these words reach you someday?
I doubt you’ll ever read this,
I doubt I’ll ever be that close to you again
But three years is worth the wait,
I’d wait for those lips forever.


Anthony C, "Three"

She comes back to you, after three years. You're left standing there, awestruck that your dreams are right in front of you, tangible, clear. You stand there, trying to find the words you've saved for three years, but you've misplaced them. In those moments you're left standing there, she's waiting to hear you speak, but nothing comes out, all your words are gone. She walks away, and you're left standing there with nothing but the haze, your chance gone. You return home, lay in your bed, and think of what you'll say to her the next time you see her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home