Name:
Location: If I told you I'd have to kill you, United States

6'2 (with 1 and 1/2 inch boots on) brown hair brown eyes...that when you stare into them, you can't escape their hypnotic charm...

Monday, February 05, 2007

Instantaneous

One of the things that bothers me most about people is their lack of confidence in themselves. We fail to believe in our abilities (and I'm included in this) and we come up short from what we try to accomplish. A undying faith in ourselves would cause us to achieve our dreams, but we come so close to what we want just to lose it because we are wrapped up in the belief that we will fail. We fail because we believe we will. This poem is about that lack of self confidence.

You were everything to me for just an instant
A fading memory now, but one I don’t want to disappear.
Maybe for an instant you did care,
Or you thought of us in some small way.
I don’t care if it was for a night
Or for an eternity, just a little bit.
Foolish of me to think that I need this now
But I’m past the delusional point of thinking
That you’re above me,
That I can’t reach you.
But I indulged too much,
Greedily consuming the future
Without even paying attention to the present.
You passed me by in an instant,
Too fast for me to catch.
It was only an instant
But I missed,
And I can never let that go.


Anthony C, "A Snap of The Fingers"

All it takes is one snap of your fingers, and the moment's gone, never to return.

(I promise I'll post something not as depressing soon, the past several have been pretty sad.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home