Name:
Location: If I told you I'd have to kill you, United States

6'2 (with 1 and 1/2 inch boots on) brown hair brown eyes...that when you stare into them, you can't escape their hypnotic charm...

Monday, September 20, 2004

Poem Of The Week #3

Well, it's Monday again, and here I am back in Binghamton after a long weekend (6 days long actually) and awaiting my next chance to get back to the city (although I think it'll be November before that happens). Anyway, I'll stop the chit chat and show you what you came for: the poems. Disclaimer: This poem may be too intense for some readers. So take it with a grain of salt and enjoy it for what it is. Here's this week's poem:

I felt so close, but now I feel so distant
Those words we shared, now I miss them
I don’t want to give in to apathy
But it seems I have no control over me
Emotion leaves, and I’m left so cold
There’s nothing left for me to hold
I thought I loved you, was I wrong?
I felt for you, but now that’s gone
Before I would have died for you
But now I feel like I don’t know you
Didn’t you care that I was alive?
Didn’t you comfort me when I cried?
Wiped my tears away with your smile?
I would have walked you down the aisle
I would have given you a family and home
And neither of us would have felt alone
But you never felt loneliness
You had someone else to kiss
I stood by your side and watched you date
A man that I would always hate
Did jealous notions seize my mind
And make me loathe him and his kind?
Did I judge him with a bias eye?
He said he loved you, and I thought he lied
I cared so much but you didn’t know
How far that I was willing to go
I’d travel to Hell just to see your face
If you were condemned I’d take your place
You chose him over me, would you do it twice?
I’m just an alternative that won’t suffice
I guess you don’t feel that way for me
But I know I will love you for eternity

Anthony C, "You'll Never Know How I Feel"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home