Name:
Location: If I told you I'd have to kill you, United States

6'2 (with 1 and 1/2 inch boots on) brown hair brown eyes...that when you stare into them, you can't escape their hypnotic charm...

Monday, September 27, 2004

Poem of the Week #4

Monday... Does anyone else just love this day? Cause, it's just the best day ever. I mean. EVER. I just don't love ANY day more, than MONDAY. Anyway, here is this week's poem:

Their opinions of me loom over like a shadow.
They block out the sun and I grow cold
Winter’s fury breathes ice on my neck
With every mocking overheard whisper
Shifty eyes glance in my direction
And like mice dart away upon my notice
An aura of misunderstanding is emitted by my body
If I could shut it off I would
If I could tune them out, in a heartbeat
I’d ignore them. But I can’t.
My heart tells me I’m pure, but it can’t fight
Against the World. I have no allies
In this fight, no one I can band together with
Alone I charge into the darkness, looking
For someone to ally with against the hoards.
But enemies surround me on all sides. I cannot succeed
Without assistance. These words are all I fight with,
But despite their strength, the World’s actions prevail.
Life slaughters my heart and leaves me for dead
My words do no good compared to the masses
So what’s left of me? My corpse lies on the floor
Dead and abandoned. Bones turn to dust, skin to ash
But out of death I shall be reborn to rise again
Despite your attempts, despite the attempts of the World
And all of its conspirators, despite fate and destiny,
I shall rise again, and fight the darkness.
I won’t stop, I won’t sheathe my words
I won’t stay my tongue. I’ll charge again,
Head on into the night, I’ll put up a fight
And I won’t be silenced, I won’t be ignored
This thorn in your side won’t be cast away with ease
Life, Fate, Destiny, Karma, I’ll kill you all before I’m through
Then the only obstacles in my way will be the World
And all of its conspirators. I won’t let them
Finish me off in the darkness quietly
I’ll cast away your shadows and your friends

And feel the sun beat down on me again.
Anthony C, "You Won’t Judge Me Without A Fight"

Oh, I was being sarcastic before...hope you guys caught that, or else you are really dense. I hate Monday. A lot. At least we got POTW, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home