Name:
Location: If I told you I'd have to kill you, United States

6'2 (with 1 and 1/2 inch boots on) brown hair brown eyes...that when you stare into them, you can't escape their hypnotic charm...

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Can't we all just get along?

There is a lot of beauty in this world. A new born cat (named Chet), the Nature Preserve, the stars, etc. blah blah. But all things are counteracted by the polar opposite force. It pains me to see people harbor hatred for others, for people to feel inferior or insecure or to worry about fitting in or finding friends, or to be hurt in relationships or feel like they can't live without one. It makes me sound pretentious, but I want to be above that hatred, above those feelings. I just want to be stronger, stronger than what most people can be. Don't get me wrong, my friends are some of the most resilient, intelligent, powerful people in the world. I'm not talking about just my friends here, I'm talking about everyone, including me. I want to be above problems. Beyond fear. Maybe I'm too ambitious for trying to eliminate all the problems from my life, but learning to deal with shit as it comes to you and just let go of it all has brought me a lot of peace. I still get pissed off every now and then, and I still feel depressed once and a while, but hell, not as much as I used to. I used to get angry at everything and everyone when I was a kid...but now, after finding out why I was upset and realizing that it was nothing (or at least something I could deal with), I feel a certain...peace. As you get older, you find more peace with the world and enjoy the fact that you are alive. The wisdom you achieve makes drama and pain seem so childish. You feel grown up...it's a nice feeling.

You don't acheive peace over night...maybe you never fully achieve it. But every piece of fear and pain you let go and try to fix leads you one step closer to that peace. I'm no expert; I'm just trying to pass on what I know to who I can. If there is some grudge you have against someone, give them another chance. You never know what might happen, they could become your best friend. If your professor pisses you off or if your grades make you angry, look at why that may be. Maybe you could put more effort into it. If you don't trust your friends and loved ones by their word, put more faith into them. They don't hate you, they are your friends for a reason. If you get hurt...take the time to heal, and move on. This world is plagued by hatred...I just want it all to go away.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home