Name:
Location: If I told you I'd have to kill you, United States

6'2 (with 1 and 1/2 inch boots on) brown hair brown eyes...that when you stare into them, you can't escape their hypnotic charm...

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Poem Of The Week #37

Here's another poem for y'all...before I set this one out there, I'd just like to state that while I post a lot of emotional/mental stuff that I have written under the influence of things like feelings or emotions or what have you, it doesn't mean that all the poems I write are how I feel. Hell, sometimes I don't even know what I wrote or what it means. So I'm going to leave my feelings behind this one as ambiguous. Enjoy!

I know it seems like I’m being hard on you
But that isn’t what I’m trying to do
Sometimes we all need a kick
In order to motivate us to do what we have to
God I’m sorry if I ever hurt you
We were both a little confused
Maybe I acted somewhat like a dick
We both kept our secrets, we weren’t true
Tidbits of truths kept us far apart
We both ripped out each other’s heart
We trusted each other too deeply
So it was inevitable we’d both be hurt.
Keeping to ourselves wasn’t smart
We thought the other was something they weren’t
That assumption was too deadly
So now we both have to deal with this burden
Our secrets tore out each other’s inside
Because we both had so much to hide
If only we could be true to the one we loved
Because of it, our loved died.
I never paid much attention to your cries
My problems had me too preoccupied
I pushed you and you shoved
Till the point we said our goodbyes
You’re the one that wanted to be my friend
It’s a shame I never listened…

Anthony C, "So Maybe, Just Maybe, It Wasn’t Your Last Tribute"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home