Name:
Location: If I told you I'd have to kill you, United States

6'2 (with 1 and 1/2 inch boots on) brown hair brown eyes...that when you stare into them, you can't escape their hypnotic charm...

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Poem Of The Week #34

Ya know what sucks? My computer overheated...and now I can't access any of my poems. So, now I'm angry and upset and all pissed off. So I think it's time for a traditional "happy" poem of mine. Since my computer is broken, and since I have a promise to fulfill, here's a poem...about an umbrella.

The World pours down on me
Hardships fall just like rain
I'm drenched in failure,
Soaked to the bone in defeat.
My legs barely keep me standing
The dark circles under my eyes grow black
As I look into the people whom
I turned my back on.
Anger, hatred, vengence parades their faces
As they look me in my watery eyes.
I can't keep up the stare...
I look away, but the faces surround me.
I cannot turn to a place where the rain stops falling.
I won't catch a sickness, I've already got them all.
I'm too sick to become more ill...
If the rain keeps falling, I won't have illness to suffer.
I need a shelter from the rain...
When I look at you, when I think of you...
The fact is made clearer the more I see you:
You are my umbrella.
Won't you protect me...from the rain?

Anthony C, "Ode To An Umbrella"

OK...so, that COULD have been happier...but, ya know, I sorta wrote it on the spot and I'm sorta tired, so cut me some slack. I'm still pissed off about this computer shit breaking down on me. Anyway, hope it doesn't rain anytime soon, and if it does, don't forget to bring an umbrella!

Hope the requestee of this poem is sufficiently satisfied...this might be one of my strangest poems yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.arts.monash.edu.au/korean/klec/Clipart02/KLEC2003_C155-t.gif

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home