Name:
Location: If I told you I'd have to kill you, United States

6'2 (with 1 and 1/2 inch boots on) brown hair brown eyes...that when you stare into them, you can't escape their hypnotic charm...

Monday, October 31, 2005

Evolution

So, Poem of the Week has been going for around 1.5 years now, and slowly I've been changing from writing once a week to writing in spurts...and the whole new poem every Monday bit is taxing because of A) the fact that I sometimes don't write for weeks at a time and B) when a write a new poem, I have to wait until Monday to put it up here. So I think the new plan (for now) is to just put poems up here when I write them. So...I just wrote a poem, and here it is:

Your mind is preoccupied by my actions
You’re afraid of what I want,
Too scared to act, too scared to move
The flow takes you away
And leaves your feelings behind
You call out, I don’t listen
I’m hard of hearing,
It takes me a while to get it
I tell you, tell me what’s wrong
I promise I’ll listen
I want to know your feelings,
I want to do my best to help
You look me in the eyes
And whisper in my ear
All the things I’ve missed,
That I should have heard
You turn away, a sigh remains on your lips
But I won’t stand for misunderstanding
I call you back; hesitantly you listen
I look into your eyes and lay aside your fears
My words are crutches for your heart,
Something your worn and weary self can lean on
Tears fall from your eyes
I try to catch them with my fingers
But they hit your rosy cheeks
I’m sorry I let them slip from my hands
My words brought you to this
My heart falters, but I realize it’s for naught
I see the smile on your face
And there’s no need for me to worry
I want to kiss you so bad
But my lips are immovable;
I can’t draw them to a kiss
My smile is too big.


Anthony C, "Smiling Like I Mean It"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home