Name:
Location: If I told you I'd have to kill you, United States

6'2 (with 1 and 1/2 inch boots on) brown hair brown eyes...that when you stare into them, you can't escape their hypnotic charm...

Monday, December 20, 2004

Poem of the Week #15

Here it is, the poem for this week:

I just want to go back, I just want to return
Cast away the present and regress to the past
All the things I’ve accomplished, all that I learned
I know as I tread through life, these feelings will last
Regret takes a hold of me and chokes out my breath,
Fear haunts every corner of my mind, and I can’t stop running
I lost so much strength, is there any left?
My lungs fill with water as the present leaves me drowning
Suffocating in doubt and the death of broken dreams
I dumped my faith into a single ideal, believed in one thing
My sanity is tearing apart at the seams,
I didn’t know what the future would bring.
If I were prepared for this, if I had known
Maybe it wouldn’t have stung so deep
But these horrid scars show me that I’ve grown
Despite these painful feelings that I keep
What do I have to get through the day?
What can I show for all my work and pain?
All I know is that these feelings will stay
And that nothing will ever be the same.

Anthony C, "Return To You"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home