Name:
Location: If I told you I'd have to kill you, United States

6'2 (with 1 and 1/2 inch boots on) brown hair brown eyes...that when you stare into them, you can't escape their hypnotic charm...

Monday, January 03, 2005

Poem Of The Week #17

As much as I would like to water down this poem to reduce its impact and hopefully save myself from more trauma, I just can't do that. This is how I wrote this poem, and this is how it's gonna remain. If it creeps you out, then tough shit. Also, it might not be about who you think, so please don't jump to any conclusions. All the poems from this point on are new poems, so if you're still hung up on old feelings, then, quite honestly, get over yourself.

It cannot be contained…
Nothing in this world is capable of capturing it,
Realizing it, savoring it, protecting it, nourishing it.
It runs free, untamed and unchallenged (save by you).
It gallops past the horizon, into the night unnoticed
It soars through the sky into the stars
And takes its rightful place among constellations
But something brought it back…
Something caused it to return from hibernation
For some purpose I feel it again
Slowly but surely unraveling itself before me
Once again, I feel empowered by the glory that is love.
Once again, I feel my veins pulse with ardor
And for the first time ever, I feel the burden of separation.
There is great pain within me, pain that I cannot control
Pain that I cannot rid myself of…
Yet I don’t want it to leave me, I want it to remain
It makes me feel alive, it gives me something to strive for
Something to live for, something to burn for
And I won’t stop burning any time soon.
I know not the limits of this surge of emotion
I know not the full feelings within me
I know not the extent of my love
But two things I know for certain:
The beauty of my heart shall shine on forever
And I would bring down the stars themselves
If it would allow my heart to shine with yours.


Anthony C, "Something To Burn For"

Cheers, to a New Year, and to a new batch of poetry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home