Name:
Location: If I told you I'd have to kill you, United States

6'2 (with 1 and 1/2 inch boots on) brown hair brown eyes...that when you stare into them, you can't escape their hypnotic charm...

Monday, January 31, 2005

Poem of the Week #21

Yea...I've run out of ideas...um...hmmm...you know, there's only so many times and so many different ways I can write a love poem, so...I'm gonna take a lil break from writing poetry for a while and just concentrate on my studies. Or play Halo. I'm good for either. So here's a poem I read about in philosophy:

Look for it, and it can't be seen.
Listen for it, and it can't be heard.
Grasp for it, and it can't be caught.
These three cannot be further described,
so we treat them as The One.

Its highest is not bright.
Its depths are not dark.
Unending, unnameable, it returns to nothingness.
Formless forms, and imageless images,
subtle, beyond all understanding.

Approach it and you will not see a beginning;
follow it and there will be no end.
When we grasp the Tao of the ancient ones,
we can use it to direct our life today.
To know the ancient origin of Tao:
this is the beginning of wisdom.

Lao-Tzu, from "Tao Te Ching"

The beginning of wisdom is to know one's desires and principles
The ending of life is an end to those wishes and beliefs.
And in the middle...all I see is her.

OK, so the closest I come to the wisdom of Tao is the The Tao of Pooh, but hey, we're all philosophers...on the inside...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home