Name:
Location: If I told you I'd have to kill you, United States

6'2 (with 1 and 1/2 inch boots on) brown hair brown eyes...that when you stare into them, you can't escape their hypnotic charm...

Monday, March 21, 2005

Poem of the Week #25

What up poets, readers, writers...people who don't enjoy literary works...(which makes me question why you are reading this site, but who knows, maybe you're just another random blogger, attempting to cure yourself of boredom). AnyHOO, let's get to the poem:

I stand upon the threshold
Of two worlds…one of imagination,
One of reality.
I have seen both, I have felt both,
and I have been a part
Of both these worlds.
When submerged fully in one or the other,
I have never felt a greater joy
But knowing the second world
Makes the first bittersweet.
In the imaginary, I am the King
And no man is my equal.
In the real, I stand alongside my brethren
And never feel alone.
But I’m lost betwixt the two,
With no home to call my own.
I stand in a bewildered state,
Unable to live in either world
Wandering the lines between.
What do I have to call mine?
I lost all I had long ago,
What I fought so hard for.
My innocence kept me in the imaginary
And my confidence kept me in reality.
Once innocence is lost it cannot be found
Once confidence is broken, it is hard to rebuild.
I can’t return to either world with my own strength
So I stand, stuck between the two...
Searching for what I lost.
Life tells me innocence is gone forever…
Experience tells me the pieces
Of my confidence are too numerous to find…
I need them all to return to the world I want to be in.
So on this empty void I stand…
Seeing all, watching all, hearing all…
But only feeling one thing…
Alone…on the threshold.


Anthony C, "On the Threshold"

See you guys next week! SPRRRRRRING BREAK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home