Name:
Location: If I told you I'd have to kill you, United States

6'2 (with 1 and 1/2 inch boots on) brown hair brown eyes...that when you stare into them, you can't escape their hypnotic charm...

Monday, November 08, 2004

Poem Of The Week #10

It's Monday again, and here is the poem for this week:

The passionate flames that dwell in my heart
Can't be put out no matter how
Much I cry on the inside
My tears of depression don't make a dent
In the fire that burns for you. Those tears
Won't quench the thirst that
The fire thrives on.
Only your love can quench it.
Even though my lungs drown in water
My heart burns on, and it will never stop.

And although you punctured
My lungs with your actions,
I'll keep on trying to breathe
How many arrows of love can one
Heart take before it bleeds beyond repair?
The life support that your face provides me
Is all that I have left to live on
And I'll never let that fade away
I throw reason into the wind
And watch its ashes blow away
As I dream of us.
I stare into the sky and all I can see is you
The breeze whispers your name
The birds serenade me of your beauty
But I don't need anyone to tell me
How lovely you are
I see it for myself everyday.

My emotions are thrown to the gutter
Like a drunken alcoholic
Well, what can I say?
You make me feel intoxicated.
I drink on your beauty and lose
Myself and my pain in it.
Don't force me on a binge,
Don’t leave me here all alone
There is no AA for hopeless romantics.


Anthony C, "Thirsty For Love"

OK, so it's a little corny, and weird, but I still like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home