Name:
Location: If I told you I'd have to kill you, United States

6'2 (with 1 and 1/2 inch boots on) brown hair brown eyes...that when you stare into them, you can't escape their hypnotic charm...

Monday, May 09, 2005

Poem Of The Week #31

Yeah, sorry, I've been really busy and I haven't gotten a chance to write much, so...I'll just put up this poem. Hope you enjoy it.

As I look up into the sky again
I see the face within the moon
Isolated in the cloudy sky
Stars surround him completely
But he does not know them,
They are not his friends,
Though their brilliance dangles
Right in front of his face.
Smoke and clouds envelope
All he knows…no truths exist
In his life. He’s alone.
He knows all the stars,
Yet knows nothing of them,
Nothing of who they are.
Likewise, they disregard him.
Why then…why is he smiling?
Every time I steal a glance,
I see a smile spread on his face.
Nothing in this world gets him down
Despite his isolation, despite his loneliness.
He shines for all to see…
This is the glory of the moon,
For all the burdens he faces,
He faces them with a smile.
Thus he shines brighter than any star
And thus, he has more notoriety.
The power of a smile is unfathomable…
All of the stars, despite their beauty,
Have not the capacity to smile,
And thus not the capacity for greatness.
The most powerful man in this world…
Is the man who greets all problems in life
With a smile and with confidence.
This man is a beacon of hope,
A source of inspiration,
A fountain of beauty.
This is the man within the moon.


Anthony C, "The Man In The Moon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home